Colour

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Home

I'm going to keep this one short since I've mostly gotten used to life here in Weihai.

For the most part my room is fairly normal. A few things that caught me off guard are firstly the no heat situation, and secondly the bathroom. Having no heat is easy to deal with. Just throw on a few hundred sweaters, another ten blankets, five layers of socks and I'm good. The bathroom was ultimately shocking the first time I saw it.

In a very small room we have squeezed in a sink, toilet,(I know pretty normal) a shower stuck to the wall, and a washing machine. There is no shower curtain. We are just supposed to shower in the middle of the room and give everything that happens to be in the room a shower too. We also are not allowed to flush the toilet paper because the plumbing can't handle it.

Each day we go down about 80 steps(we live on the fifth floor)to go to meals, and back up those 80 steps. It is quite invigorating and good exercise. Hopefully I'll keep liking climbing those stairs.

To finish up, here is the view I get from my window. I like it pretty well. What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful view.. you captured it great in that picture!

    and that shower will definitely be an adventure! could you rig a shower curtain of some sort?

    sounds like you are having fun!! keep the posts and pictures coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adventures are what you make them. It looks like you are on a great one. The difficulties will seem trivial compared to the experience. Think of all the great stories you will have to tell your kids some day. Have fun and go with the flow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessyka, this is so amazing! What an adventure! I love to hear your take on things, you're always so positive. You are going to make some incredible memories, that's for sure. Thanks for blogging about it. It's so fun to see what you're up to. :) love ya

    ReplyDelete