Colour

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Weihai

My flights to China went very smoothly. No delays and fairly comfortable. I had an hour and a half flight to LA, a 15-16 hour flight to Seoul, Korea, and 55 min. flight to Weihai. I got to try Korean food on my longest flight. It was pretty good. Especially the seaweed soup. Yum!

We finally flew into Weihai at around 4:30pm. There we met our foreign coordinator, Kelly. She had a bus waiting for us so we loaded up and started heading to the school where we also live in dorms. The bus drove fast and to us Americans it was very crazy driving. It was quite some time before we reached the school.

When we got to our dorms, we learned many things. There wasn't very much heat, so yes, it's freezing cold all the time(as expected).

In my next post, I'll post some pictures of my dorm here, and tell more about what everyday life is like.

3 comments:

  1. I love flying. I'm glad your flights were good-- not sure i'd enjoy the seaweed soup! blech...

    that's kinda funny about the bus ride.. you'll probably come home and get annoyed at all the SLOW drivers in the US! :D

    Thanks for keeping us updated!!

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seaweed soup? That sounds positively wretched! I want to try some! :P

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jessyka

    Well, you are missed in the YSA ward!!! So proud of you in taking this giant adventure.

    lots of love, Sister Whitaker

    ReplyDelete